Join Carla and Laura Stewart as they discuss the following:
- What is the Reading League and why was this formed?
- What has the Science of Reading taught us in terms of how we best teach children to read?
- In your experience why is it important to align what occurs in classroom practice to any intervention implemented?
- Awareness of The Science of Reading and Structured Literacy is certainly growing by the day in NZ.
- What would your advice be to those who are considering embarking on whole-school professional learning in this area?
Laura Stewart is an educator and organizational leader. She has served as a classroom teacher, building and district administrator, adjunct professor, and director of numerous professional development initiatives around the country. Before joining The Reading League as their National Director, she served as the Vice President of Professional Development for the Rowland Reading Foundation, and as the Chief Academic Officer for Professional Development at Highlights for Children.