Salaried Position | .8 or 1 FTE
We are looking for consultants based throughout New Zealand with the ability to travel between islands delivering the ‘’How to” in Structured Literacy.
Learning MATTERS is a fast-growing business with multiple facets. Our existing consultants provide first class instruction to schools around NZ. We have developed and continuously improve an online learning/ tool-based platform (The iDeaL Approach) assisting our consultancy schools and teachers across the country as well as developing our own resources.
Learning MATTERS Head office is located in Te Awamutu with centres based in Cambridge, Tauranga, and Christchurch.
We are a team of talented professionals who are dedicated to making a difference to many children, families and schools across the country. We believe every child has the right and potential to become a reader. We also believe that every teacher deserves to be taught how they can enable these skills for all akonga they teach. We are now looking to welcome more team members to continue the growth within our teacher’s knowledge through the consultancy arm of the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing quality facilitation to schools to assist them to develop cohesive and consistent practices in varied settings
- Delivering professional learning through iDeaL consultancy process to schools and school leaders
- Modelling, coaching and supporting teachers with the implementation of iDeaL structured literacy both onsite and online
- Building capacity in knowledge, leadership practise in relationship to current learning practises
- Working with the consultancy team in designing and developing online and face to face professional learning modules and webinars
- Working with the consultancy team to further enhance and develop the iDeaL platform
Qualities and Qualifications:
- Avid learner
- Training in an evidence-based literacy approach (MSL, LETRS, OG)
- Recent classroom teaching experience
- Leadership experience
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Team player
- Quality communication skills
- Problem solver
- Relationship builder
If this sounds like you and you want to be working in a highly interactive, fast paced and collaborative supportive team, we want to hear from you. Please forward your CV and covering letter and tell us, what do you know about Structured Literacy, where does your experience and expertise lie, and how have you influenced change.
Email all documentation along with two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 16th September 2021