The iDeaL Approach...
- Is founded on extensive national and international research perspectives and findings
- Provides professional learning and knowledge to teach explicitly
- Provides a systematic, cumulative and clear scope and sequence aligned to resources and decodable texts
- Is diagnostic and provides the tools to measure your child’s progress
- Is New Zealand’s only online Structured Literacy platform, and can be accessed anywhere online
- Provides an online community which connects and supports through shared experiences.
If you are a homeschooler that would like to implement a Structured Literacy approach you are eligible to use the iDeaL Approach.
Instructional videos and specific teaching resources and lessons are provided with an informative, diagnostic, systematic, and cumulative approach to deliver Structured Literacy through direct instruction.
Importance is placed on supporting whanau to learn explicit lesson sequences and the principles of instruction.
The iDeaL Online Platform also provides assessment tools, and an automated reporting and progress-monitoring system.
NB: this video is a live online tour hosted in August 2021.
Online Learning Modules
Learn about: The Science of Reading, the principles and elements of Structured Literacy, the process of orthographic mapping, reading fluency, syllable types and syllable division and spelling rules.
Each module includes carefully selected materials including videos and readings and a quiz at the end of each module to check your progress.
The ability to determine your child’s capabilities and immediate teaching needs in Phonological Awareness, Spelling and Reading. You will be able to reassess to show the progress your child has made.
Your child's data can be entered into the iDeaL Online Platform and will save automatically. Reports will be generated and show you where to begin teaching. Progress reports can be generated throughout the year.
A suite of resources including pre planned teaching lessons for 40 spelling concepts, lesson teaching slides for those who like to use technology to support engagement, follow up material such as word finds and roll and read activities for building fluency and vocabulary, and over 50 electronic decodable texts.