This is a modular webinar, attendees are required to participate on both days and is suitable for: ORRS, Specialist Teachers and Learning Assistants.
This webinar has been completed and the recording is available for download.
Cost: $110 + GST
Module 1 - Knowledge is Power:
- Develop your understanding of literacy learning differences - Dyslexia and Dysgraphia
- Develop an understanding of executive functions through a simplistic explanation of working memory and the impact this has for our struggling learners
- Develop your understanding of the foundation skills in literacy
- Principles and Elements of Structured Literacy
- Delve into the English language and learn exactly what syllable types, words with irregular sounds and sight words are
Module 2 - Bringing Intervention Sessions to Life through Practical Activities:
- The steps to explicitly teaching spelling
- Building fluency through word level reading and Decodable Texts
- Learn the importance of handwriting and how you can best support letter reversals and misformed letters
- Planning for explicit evidence-based instruction
- Practical tips for teaching phonological awareness and spelling to ensure students have strategies to access all subject areas