Island Adventure Series
Jack and his little sister, Snub, are visiting Gran and Grandpa on a remote Scottish island where they live. An accident brings them closer together, but a subsequent calamity is the beginning of an exciting quest.
The Island Adventure Series are engaging texts suitable for students in their tweens and teens. These exciting, age-appropriate tales start with the sound ‘ae’, and each of the 10 books introduces a phoneme and its alternative spellings.
Ten books introducing alternative vowel spellings:
- Book 1: ‘ae’: ay, ai, a, a-e, ea, ey
- Book 2: ‘ee’: ee, ea, y, e, ie, e-e, ei
- Book 3: ‘oe’: ow, oa, oe, o-e, o
- Book 4: ‘er’: , er, ir, ur,or, ear
- Book 5: ‘ow”oi’: ow, ou & oi, oy
- Book 6: ‘oo’: oo, ue, u-e, ew, ou, u
- Book 7:‘ie’: igh, ie, i-e, i, y
- Book 8: ‘or’:or, ore, a, aw, awe, au, ar, al, ough
- Book 9: ‘air’: air, are, ear, ere, eir
- Book 10: ‘ar’: ar, a, al, au, ear
*Price includes GST and excludes postage.
View our Phonics Books Progression Chart.
A workbook is available that is linked to the stories of the Island Adventure Series. The workbook contains activities such as word building, reading, spelling and comprehension linked to the 10 books in the Island Adventure Series. . Follows the same Phonic Progression as the books. (190 pages).