Spelling is Telling
Please note: you will have 7 days to review the recording from access being made available. Webinar cost is per single person viewing, we ask that you please not share with others who have not paid for the use or viewing of this webinar.
Cost: $120.75 inc GST
Length of Webinar:
- Session 1 - 140 minutes
- Session 2 - 130 minutes
The Why and How to teach spelling and the rules explained. Spelling is necessary for all and crucial for some.
This webinar is an introduction to building a whole school consistent approach in spelling.
As teachers it is important we know why and what to look for so we can directly teach. Do you give words or do you teach spelling? During this series, you will learn why spelling (alphabetic principle) is fundamental to success in literacy. We will share examples of what a systematic and cumulative approach in spelling looks like.
Throughout the series you will;
- Learn many spelling rules and concepts
- Understand the difference between phonology, high frequency words, irregular words and sight words
- Understand why having a consistent approach to the teaching of spelling is not only important but necessary
- Develop an awareness of why some programmes seem to work and others don't
- Determine what your next learning steps are
- Become prepared to walk back into school the next day with many more answers around what an evidence-based approach to spelling looks like
- Gather the tools and develop the necessary confidence to begin to truly teach spelling and make a bigger difference to every student but particularly those neurodiverse learners in your classroom.