Equipped for Evidence Based Intervention
Please note: you will have 7 days to review the recording from access being made available. Webinar cost is per single person viewing, we ask that you please not share with others who have not paid for the use or viewing of this webinar.
Length of Webinar:
- Module 1 - 150 minutes
- Module 2 - 130 minutes
- Module 3 - 130 minutes
- Module 4 - 140 minutes
This webinar series provides you the opportunity to further develop your knowledge and practice as an intervention specialist, all the while ensuring it is aligned with current research and evidence based practices.
View a snippet of the webinar:
MODULE 1: SLD and Assessments
- Build understanding of SLDs Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia
- Build understanding of various assessments - Lucid vs WJIV, WISC
- Develop understandings on which aspects of cognitive reports impact classroom learning and give suggestions as to how to best support strengths and deficits in these areas
MODULE 2: Executive Function
- Build understanding of Executive Function
- Outline assessment techniques
- Explore teaching implications for intervention and mainstream settings
- Recommendations for suitable resources and readings
MODULE 3: Structured Literacy
- Build understanding of what structured literacy is and the research which aligns
- Provide suggestions and examples for intervention settings for literacy support
- Introduce 10 common spelling rules and 7 syllable types
- Understand what an intervention lesson looks like
- Outline how mainstream teachers can adjust teaching practices to support struggling literacy learners
MODULE 4: Fluency
- Build understanding of what reading fluency is
- Clarify the role of sight word acquisition in becoming a fluent reader
- Provide assessment tools for measuring fluency in intervention settings
- Suggest activities for intervention use that build fluency rates
- Make links to mainstream and share implications of the impact fluency has in these classrooms
Attendees will have follow up readings and activities to complete between modules.
NB: Any associated materials and workbooks will be provided with the webinar.