Webinar: Sentence Structures
Please note: you will have 7 days to review the recording from access being made available. Webinar cost is per single person viewing, we ask that you please not share with others who have not paid for the use or viewing of this webinar.
Going back to basics!
Teach the rules that govern language to improve good writing.
Duration: 2 hours
In this webinar you will gain an understanding of the three different kinds of sentence structure and how they can support or improve and support writing using practical examples.
View a snippet of the webinar:
We cover basic grammar instruction, rules that explain ‘parts of speech’ and the essentials for understanding the three different types of sentences. Practical and engaging activities will focus the attention on the components of good grammar instruction that aims to improve students' writing. This process helps the students to develop good sentence skills moving from simple to more robust sentences within the classroom setting.
The different parts of speech covered will include:
- Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Prepositions and Conjunctions.
The three different sentence types will include:
- Simple Sentences covering terminology such as subject and predicate
- Compound Sentences and cover the basic conjunctions with supporting punctuation
- Complex Sentences using Dependent and Independent Clauses.
- Basic Parts of speech card deck
- Speech progressions
- iDeaL sample Adjective template.
NB: Any associated materials and workbooks will be provided with the webinar.